I would describe my relationship with the media as proactive. I personally think that I am a slight media addict because I feel as though there is always something going on in the United States or internationally (whether it be politics, sports, movies, music videos, etc) and because of that I pay attention to the media for information or entertainment. I strongly believe that everyone including myself are media addicts because people generally pay attention to the media for informative or recreational purposes. For example Nigeria-and-oil. and the funny monkey.
The things that influence my relationship with the media would have to be my love for sports, the fact that I live in a slightly bad neighborhood, the increase of gas prices, the war in Iraq, and especially the widespread famine in Africa (I am Nigerian). In order to get this information, I watch television, listen to the radio, and read magazines. I don't read the newspapers as often as I should.
I think I can change for the better by increasing the amount of time I spend reading newspapers in order to be very much aware of what is going on in my community.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I like that you mentioned specific topics that you are interested in. Also, you chose a very interesting word to describe your relationship with the media, provacitive. I think we are all intrigued by the media and I think that in our society there is no way to avoid it, but I do not beleive everyone is a media addict. I find out what I stumble upon, not what I set out to know. I think to be an addict you have to seek out whatever it is that you are addicted to, finding it by accident and remembering or trying it is not addiction.
I think it is so great that you pay a lot of attention to the media. A lot of issues affect everyone in this country, and to stay on top of the ones that directly impact you is really important.
Yeah man I agree with what you are saying about how you use the media for both information and entertainment. I also do not read to newspaper as much as I should, but hopefully that will change through the help of this class and the current events that are so prominent now. Good ideas.
It's always easier to stay informed on topics which affect you personally. I think if everyone looked a little bit, they'd find several issues which they can keep up with like you seem to.
Its great that you are able to interested in the media and find stories that influence you personally. I also liked how you said you should pay more attention to your community's events. I feel that often people ignore local news to focus on the big national and international stories. Great post.
Post a Comment