My name is chibuike c Onyima. My friends call me “bk” for short. I was
born October 6 1986 in a small city called Afikpo in Abia state in
Nigeria. I am the second of four siblings (two boys and two girls). I am
a very hardworking, honest and easy going person. They always said that I
was the hardhead of the house but of course I disagreed.
Growing up in Nigeria was an adventure. It gave me a great sense of my
culture. At the age of 5, my father left Nigeria for the United states of
America. So you can say I was raised by a single parent. At the age of
15, in the year 2002, I came over to the united states of America with
the my family. Now the first couple of weeks was different because it
wasn’t what I was used to, but I learnt to adapt and after I adapted, I
feel in love with this country.
The United States to me is a country of democracy. This is a country
whereby everyone has the right to speak their minds and not worry about
getting hurt or getting in trouble etc. To me, America is on the world’s
most established countries. American is a country that I have love long
before I came over here. A country full of opportunities or as my mother
would say “a country that flows with milk and honey”.
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Amst blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
The land of milk and honey is a fitting metaphor since it is easier here to be successful than almost anywhere in the world.
Post a Comment