Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Educational Memory Land

My best educational experience hit me in my tenth grade year. Mr. Gross who was my algebra 2 teacher was a very tough, strict and very sneaky teacher. But despite his methods, I still consider him the best teacher I ever had. Whenever he is teaching a topic or chapter that we the students didn’t understand nor had a hard time understanding, he usually acted it out in some kind of funny skit or he would tell a funny story that relates to the topic at hand. He practically made mathematics fun and exciting. He never gave home works. He always said “pop quiz tomorrow” before every class was over just to keep us in check just his method for making us study the material when we got home. I learnt so much from him and I think he is the reason I love mathematic so much.
My worse educational experience happened in my 12th grade year. Mrs. Ubaldo who was my AP chemistry teacher was a very strict teacher. She didn’t care about the students. All she cared about was making sure at 2:35 she was on her way home. She was very boring and whenever we asked question regarding a problem, she always answers with her favorite quote “you guys should already know this, You pick up you books and read and maybe you will know it” We always thought that she just didn’t know the answer to our question and therefore she gets defensive. For that reason alone, a little over half her students including myself didn’t do very well in her class and therefore didn’t take the AP exam.

1 comment:

Music said...

your math teacher reminds me of one of mine who made math interesting. Also Chem is no fun i just think that most science teachers are somewhat boring